How The Commission Process Works
You contact me through the form on the commission page.
I get back to you with a contract and schedule based on your deadline and my schedule.
You let me know of any questions or concerns regarding the contract.
I require a non-refundable down payment of 30% of the total to begin work.
Once both of us have signed the contract and I have the down payment I will begin work on your piece and involve you in the process with regular updates.
The process begins with the gathering of research (which you can help with if you have photo references).
Next, I create rough sketch for your approval. Depending on the size and how complex the design is, it may require a more detailed study before I begin the piece. This preliminary work is included in the price of the commission.
Some Important Things to Know about Commissioned Art
- As a collector, you will own the physical piece of art but not the image or right to reproduce it.
- The artist remains the owner of the image. However, these things are negotiable on a case by case basis, especially if you are a nonprofit organization.
- Your money back guarantee does not include the 30% down payment as its purpose is to cover time and expenses invested in the piece.
- You are responsible to pay the shipping if you decide to return the piece.
- If research of the piece requires me to travel, those expenses will not be included in the price of the commission and will need to be added to the overall cost.